Monday 22 March 2010

Hearts racing for the Gold Cup

Until last week's Cheltenham Festival, I had never taken an interest in watching horse racing, but I actually found it quite exciting!
I thought I would put a bet on the Gold Cup race. I decided (with a lot of help from my housemate!) to put £1 each way on Denman and Imperial Commander. A group of us sat round the television to watch the race and we were all screaming at it willing our horses to win. We were all a bit shocked when Kauto Star fell at one of the fences, him being the bookies favourite and all! But when Imperial Commander took the lead with Denman second, I was very happy to learn that I won £12.75! Not exactly a fortune but still a win.
I think I would watch horse racing again. Before I've always thought it was boring - just a few horses running round in a circle whilst posh people with binoculars cheered them on. But it seems the Gold Cup has changed my views! Bring on next years festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment